Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Margarita Confidential



Last week, in Paris (so chic, my goodness), in the midst of an arduous fight between a horrid cold wind and myself, I escaped into what appeared to be a cosy little warm place. Turns out that place was an English bookstore. Not just any English bookstore, as a matter of fact, but the very first one in Paris.

Already inside, as I made myself comfortable, slowly walking through the aisles, glancing at different titles, trying to forget what awaited me outside (yes you, damn cold wind), my eyes fell upon a tiny little book called Storied Sips. I stopped. Took my hand out of my pocket. Removed my gloves. And picked it up.

Inside, I found a sort of cocktail bible. Each page showed a different classic drink, its story and its recipe. Hmm...interesting.

I dashed to the counter and bought it.

The cold didn't seem that evil anymore.

I got home, proceeded to undress the numerous winter garments on me (you know the drill: boots, gloves, scarf, jacket number one, jacket number two, jumper one, jumper two... ah! freedom, at last! ), sat on the couch and started to read.

Did you know that the Margarita was invented because of a young girl who later was to be remembered as Rita Hayworth?

Y'didn't did ya?

Would you like to know more?

I do.

And that's how I came up with my new little project.

A cocktail a week.

Coming soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment